Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meier Iツ値l rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Meier Iテつ値l rep

He is under contract with me for 3 years, I acquired him in a trade last year and he was a 4. Would I regret if I move on from him, ie: trade him
    And a 4th to get rid of his contract (other team would buy him out), they are desperate for picks, and I could try to re draft him less a contract? Iツ僧
    In a non banger league, goals weighted higher. Iツ知 in pretty good shape picks wise, 1-1-3-4-5-5-6-7-8, and have some other solid options to hang onto (ie: Shesterkin could be my rookie carry over and sign Q Hughes as regular keeper). He痴 also still rookie eligible this year, could carry him over 2x if I don稚 find a new rookie that I壇 want to carry over. I have options at the very least, or could just do Hughes as rookie, hang onto pick and Meier and try for Shest in draft.

I...am your father.

Default Re: Meier Iツ値l rep

Keep Shesterkin at all costs. Do not risk letting him go and try for him in the draft because you'll lose him. So if your option is to drop Meier or keep him and use him as your rookie, forcing you to drop Shesterkin, then drop him. But I'm having trouble following your question so I hope I got it right
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Keep Shesterkin at all costs. Do not risk letting him go and try for him in the draft because you'll lose him. So if your option is to drop Meier or keep him and use him as your rookie, forcing you to drop Shesterkin, then drop him. But I'm having trouble following your question so I hope I got it right
    Meier is not a rookie, I was talking about him being a regular keeper, someone is willing to take his contract and wants a pick for compensation, since he壇 buy him out (3 years x 50/year), so wondering if it痴 worth it because no one wants Meier right now.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

I...am your father.

Still a little confused about this setup. Sorry, I was also finding it weird that he could still be stashed as a rookie but I thought it was some weird rule where he was just never activated in your league.
    But you did mention having to give up Shesterkin and take a chance on drafting him back. All I can advise is - don't do that. That much I'm clear on.
    Rules as described seem too convoluted for me to properly evaluate and advise on Meier at a quick look. Sorry!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Meier Iテつ値l rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Still a little confused about this setup. Sorry, I was also finding it weird that he could still be stashed as a rookie but I thought it was some weird rule where he was just never activated in your league.
    But you did mention having to give up Shesterkin and take a chance on drafting him back. All I can advise is - don't do that. That much I'm clear on.
    Rules as described seem too convoluted for me to properly evaluate and advise on Meier at a quick look. Sorry!
    The only guy Iツ知 talking about as rookie is Shesterkin, and we have a rookie slot so you can have a guy inactive, or play the rookie, it is like an IR spot so if you activate need to have room. Not about giving up shesterkin, it is a keeper league so if I donツ稚 hang onto Shesterkin he goes back into draft pool. We are a 4 keeper plus rookie carry over league, Meier is one of my 4 keepers and Iツ知 saying I could trade his contract and a pick (to get rid of contract) since other team would buy him out and just wants pick, and then have Hughes as keeper and Shest as rookie, vs Meier as keeper and Hughes as rookie, make more sense? My league details are all in signature. Essentially do you like Meier/Hughes and keeping the pick, and try for Shest in draft, or Hughes/Shest, and try to Meier in pick and be down a pick? I have 2 picks in 5th round, so will make up for it but I don稚 want to regret moving Meier if for instance I miss getting him in draft.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

From what I understand your choice is either to keep Meier, slide Hughes to the rookie slot and lose Shestkerin, or to trade Meier and a pick in order to keep Hughes and Shestkerin. So for me it's a no brainer to get rid of Meier to keep Hughes and Shestkerin. Meier is a good player, but nowhere near the potential of the other two. He's got the best chance for you to redraft him, the other two will be gone very quickly.

I'm wondering why you prefer to lose a 4th rather than buying Meier out yourself (and then trying to redraft him), so I figure you're trying to save the cap space and the 4th is the price you're willing to pay. Without seeing your team or cap space, either way is fine.

Btw your signature isn't showing. Make sure that the 'show signature' in your posts is checked off at the bottom of your post. You should see your signature in your replies once they're posted, but they're not showing.
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by VanDan View Post
    From what I understand your choice is either to keep Meier, slide Hughes to the rookie slot and lose Shestkerin, or to trade Meier and a pick in order to keep Hughes and Shestkerin. So for me it's a no brainer to get rid of Meier to keep Hughes and Shestkerin. Meier is a good player, but nowhere near the potential of the other two. He's got the best chance for you to redraft him, the other two will be gone very quickly.

I'm wondering why you prefer to lose a 4th rather than buying Meier out yourself (and then trying to redraft him), so I figure you're trying to save the cap space and the 4th is the price you're willing to pay. Without seeing your team or cap space, either way is fine.

Btw your signature isn't showing. Make sure that the 'show signature' in your posts is checked off at the bottom of your post. You should see your signature in your replies once they're posted, but they're not showing.
    My league doesn稚 have a cap, no money I知 just referring to I壇 rather lose a 4 and not pay 150$ for buyout lol. Never was going to get rid of Hughes, just lucked upon Shesterkin and after seeing how well he did hanging onto him interests me, I mean I loved Samsonov then Shest came along and I liked him even more.

Dobber Sports Pro

I also wonder as I read the bounce back narrative for Meier, what does that look like? Again, not a bangers league but he痴 still shown a good scoring touch, especially in 18/19. Obviously if I move on from Meier, can still try to re draft him but no guarantees I壇 get him, and just don稚 want to regret losing him, although from feedback on here seems people are higher on Shesterkin anyways.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

For sure keep shest and hughes, you'll kick yourself a lot harder losing one of those 2 compared to Meier.

Dobber Sports Genius

Keep Hughes (4)
    Keep Draisaitl. (3)
    Keep Hall. (2)
    Keep Shishterkin (R)
    Trade Seguin (You will only get pennies on the dollar - next year is going to be a down/injured year for him)
    Trade Meier for a pick and save the $150 out of pocket expense.
    You have Carter Hart somewhere in this mix. If you can't keep him then trade him with Seguin for something useful (as your one year contract) and a pick (to recoup what you swapped out for Meier).
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Keep Hughes (4)
    Keep Draisaitl. (3)
    Keep Hall. (2)
    Keep Shishterkin (R)
    Trade Seguin (You will only get pennies on the dollar - next year is going to be a down/injured year for him)
    Trade Meier for a pick and save the $150 out of pocket expense.
    You have Carter Hart somewhere in this mix. If you can't keep him then trade him with Seguin for something useful (as your one year contract) and a pick (to recoup what you swapped out for Meier).
    Trading Seguin easier said than done, think he値l have more value to me than others, even though a lot of people seem down on him. Again, was a ppg guy pretty much every year in Dallas. Meier I would need to move with a pick if that team is even willing to eat his contract anymore, would cost me a 4
    To get rid of his contract. Hart isn稚 in my
    Keeper plans as much as I like him, because I知 already looking to hang onto Shest as my rookie so I壇 rather just get another goalie in draft where there will be high end guys available. I do like what you池e saying in theory about try to get a 1 year guy, gives me more flexibility/less headaches later to clear a contract if I find a guy this year that Is keepable, just think Meier and Seguin are Sell lows, and tough to sell individually, let alone 1 of them along with say a goalie I知 not keeping.

Dobber Sports Genius

Someone in your league is drooling over Carter Hart. DROOLING!!!

Package Hart with Seguin and make Seguin someone else's problem.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Someone in your league is drooling over Carter Hart. DROOLING!!!

Package Hart with Seguin and make Seguin someone else's problem.
    My league is weird goalies and d wise, forwards make up majority of keepers, now with our rookie carry over you see some goalies and D held onto there, but for instance Vasilevskiy and Carlson are the only regular goalie and d keepers. Also tough to sell an injured guy and one where there have been no updates on him in weeks. Not sure what痴 taking so long. Not a seguin guy I guess. And I love hart myself, I壇 rather redraft him and try to move Samsonov to a team that may need a rookie (also challenging).
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Meier Iテつ値l rep

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    My league is weird goalies and d wise, forwards make up majority of keepers, now with our rookie carry over you see some goalies and D held onto there, but for instance Vasilevskiy and Carlson are the only regular goalie and d keepers. Also tough to sell an injured guy and one where there have been no updates on him in weeks. Not sure whatツ痴 taking so long. Not a seguin guy I guess. And I love hart myself, Iツ壇 rather redraft him and try to move Samsonov to a team that may need a rookie (also challenging).
    Meier is younger and a bigger problem right now, even with a SJ bounce back possible, given heツ痴 got 3 years left. Seguin at least just has 2, and a track record vs Meier long contract and has just had 1 bust out year and meh otherwise. Either way, canツ稚 hang onto Shest unless I get rid of 1 contract. I donツ稚 mind the idea of moving say a 2 guys out together but thatツ痴 hard to do.

Dobber Sports Genius

If someone is willing to buy out Meier for a pick then what is the issue. Just make the deal. "Set the foundation before dressing the windows."